What's it like to be a Warehouse Supervisor?
A Warehouse Supervisor is a person who is in charge of maintaining, managing, receiving, packing, storing and delivering stocked items in a warehouse or similar space. Warehouse Supervisors must have excellent oral and written communication skills, in addition to exceptional organisational skills and a comprehensive understanding of stock management finance.
Tasks and duties
- Supervising a team of warehouse employees to receive, record and store stock as it is received.
- Delegating and overseeing duties to ensure that regular inventories are taken and that ordered stock arrives at its destination according to the schedule.
- Ensuring the warehouse is safely secured, equipment is serviced regularly and documentation is up to date.
An ability to stay calm under pressure is another trait that is valuable for Warehouse Supervisors to have, as problems and challenges inevitably arise in a workplace that has many moving parts.
Latest Warehouse Supervisor jobs on SEEK
How to become a Warehouse Supervisor
- Gain warehouse experience in your chosen environment (e.g manufacturing, retail, industry).
- Undertake qualifications in the field. This may be in logistics of warehouse operation, such as the Certificate III in Warehousing Operations (TLI31616).
- There are multiple opportunities for Warehouse Supervisors who wish to further their career, such as becoming a Warehouse Manager or Operations Manager.
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as a Warehouse Supervisor have studied these qualifications.
Develop broad skills in science to prepare for opportunities in a range of industries with this qualification.