What's it like to be an Information Technology Recruitment Consultant?
Of particular interest to the Information Technology Recruitment Consultant is whether candidates have the specific knowledge and technical experience the client wants such as skills in computer software, programming, database or network systems and hardware.
Tasks and duties
- Arranging for advertising of job vacancies.
- Headhunting, networking, and using CV searching techniques to find relevant candidates.
- Reviewing and assessing CVs and preparing them for submission to clients.
- Interviewing and screening candidates to ensure they have the skills and qualifications required by client companies.
- Creating a shortlist of candidates for the client.
- Arranging interviews between the candidate and key staff within the client company.
- Briefing candidates about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question.
- Undertaking negotiations on terms and conditions of employment.
- Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates.
- Maintaining personnel records and associated human resource information systems.
What can I earn as an Information Technology Recruitment Consultant?
How to become an Information Technology Recruitment Consultant
- Complete a bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or a related field.
- Alternatively gain work experience in the information technology sector, such as working as a computer support specialist or as an IT technician.
- Alternatively, complete training through the Recruitment, Consulting and Staffing Association Australia & New Zealand (RCSA), which is the peak body for the recruitment and staffing industry in Australia and New Zealand.
Explore HR & recruitment qualifications
View courses that provide you with the skills and knowledge to work as an IT Recruitment Consultant.
What skills are employers looking for?
- Communication skills
- Self motivation
- Organisational skills
- Relationship management
- Business development
- Ms office proficiency
- Stakeholder management
- Account management