Moving to Australia to study?

Having an Australian qualification on your resume can really kick start your career. Australia is the third most popular destination for overseas students, with graduates spread across the globe.

If you are interested in travelling to Australia to study, check out these commonly asked questions and resources to get you started.

Do I need a visa to study in Australia?

In most cases you’ll need to apply for a work or study visa issued by the Australian Government in order to study in Australia.

Learn more about the different classes of student visas for Australia.

What information do I need to apply for a student visa?

Before lodging your visa application you will need to select an education institution and enrol in a course.

You are required to show confirmation of your enrolment when you apply for your visa. You will receive confirmation of your enrolment by email after you have accepted your offer of study. This email will include your course start date, total course fees and the amount of time required to complete your course.

Depending on your chosen course, you may be asked to meet other non-academic visa requirements.

Can I work in Australia while I study?

Yes, there are several visa options that allow you to work and study in Australia.

Australia’s Working Holiday Maker Program allows you to travel and work in Australia for a total of 12 months and study in Australia for up to 4 months.

Can I complete an internship?

There are several student and work visas that allow overseas students to intern in Australia.

You may be required to complete a work placement as part of your course. This will be outlined in your course guide.

If you wish to complete an additional internship you will need to check the conditions outlined in your visa.

Am I eligible for government assistance to help pay for the course?

Overseas students studying in Australia are not eligible for Australian government assistance, and must pay the overseas student fees charged by their education institution. However, we recommend discussing finance options directly with the relevant education provider.

Does SEEK Learning offer scholarships?

While SEEK Learning does not offer scholarships, you may be able to apply for a scholarship directly through the education institution of your choice or the Australian Government.

Learn more about scholarships to study in Australia.

Can I stay and work in Australia after I complete my study?

If you complete a degree-level qualification you may be eligible to apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa. You will be assessed based on your qualification and may be granted a two, three or four-year visa.

Learn more about the Temporary Graduate Visa assessment process.

What courses can study from overseas?

While some courses can be studied from overseas, many are only recognised within Australia. If you're planning on moving to Australia, you may be able to make a start before you get here.