What's it like to be an Accounts Assistant?
Accounts Assistants usually work as part of a finance team or supporting a financial practitioner to ensure that particular accounts, payments and bank reconciliations are accurately and efficiently processed. Accounts Assistants are important members of a finance team, and may be particularly busy at certain times, such as when they are preparing and finalising month-end and year-end accounts, audits and reports.
Tasks and duties
- Preparing and processing payments and invoices, reconciling accounts and expenditures.
- Preparing financial statements and budgets, including profit and loss statements.
- Supporting financial practitioners and senior staff members as required, which may include processing documentation related to taxation, financial reporting, operating budgets, quotations and inventory adjustments.
With keen attention to detail and accuracy, Accounts Assistants thrive if they have superior organisational skills and are confident using finance software and programs such as Excel, MYOB and NetSuite.
What can I earn as an Accounts Assistant?
Latest Accounts Assistant jobs on SEEK
How to become an Accounts Assistant
- Undertake study in accounting or finance. This may be a Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217) or a Certificate IV in Business Administration (BSB40515).
- Gain experience in the field and if you wish to further your career within accounting consider further study, such as a Bachelor of Accounting.
Explore related qualifications
SEEK users who have worked as an Accounts Assistant have studied these qualifications.
With this qualification you will develop your administrative skills and learn to provide leadership and guidance to others.