Tasks and duties
- Gathering project requirements by liaising with clients and key stakeholders.
- Analysing requirements and designing suitable solutions and features.
- Using computer software and hardware to write, modify and test programming code.
- Testing code for bugs and implementing improvements and fixes.
- Developing testing and validation processes.
- Deploying code to the live environment.
Compare salaries by similar roles
- Complete a qualification in Computer Science with a focus on software development. This could be a Diploma of Information Technology (ICT50115) or a Bachelor degree majoring in Software Development.
- Look to secure a placement in an internship program while studying. This will provide you with relevant experience as well as guidance and mentorship from experienced Software Developers.
Explore related qualifications
This VET diploma gives you the general ICT knowledge required in order to provide ICT support in small-to-medium enterprises.
This qualification provides skills to design, develop and test software in preparation for roles in computer science or software engineering.