What's it like to be a Storeperson?
Storepersons handle products being received or dispatched by stores. They are responsible for receiving, handling and packing goods. A degree of physical fitness is generally required to work as a Storeperson, as it is a job that requires lifting and coordination.
Tasks and duties
- Unloading goods.
- Receiving and scanning goods and checking against orders.
- Inspecting for damage.
- Moving goods around a store.
- Stocking shelves.
- Stacking bulky goods safely.
- Picking goods from shelves and recording their movements.
- Packing and sending orders to customers.
- Data entry and paperwork.
- Moving heavy pallets and goods using a forklift.
What can I earn as a Storeperson?
Compare salaries by similar roles
How to become a Storeperson
- Storepersons may need to obtain a high risk work licence through Safe Work Australia.
- If required, obtain a forklift licence.
- You may want to consider undertaking a vocational qualification in warehousing operations, which will prepare you to carry out procedures in a warehouse environment.